Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at Logos Academy, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
Logos Academy’s leadership team does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission with excellence each year. Until our families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum, and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” In a sense, we’ve been inconveniencing the vast majority of families by making it a requirement that all families go through this process every year. Last year, for instance, we retained 94% of our student body. EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 6% that, for one reason or another, left our school community. Continuous enrollment is your way of flipping the script. Rather than the repetitive OPT-IN annual re-enrollment process, our annual re-enrollment will become an OPT-OUT process for those families choosing not to return.
By signing a one time “Continuous Enrollment Contract”, you are stating that your student(s) will continue to be enrolled at Logos Academy every year unless you OPT-OUT during the re-enrollment window. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your “Continuous Enrollment Contract,” you’ll never have to worry about the re-enrollment process again.
By signing the contract, you will agree to the following:
- I hereby opt into continuous enrollment. This means that my student(s) will keep coming back to Logos Academy every year unless I tell the school otherwise.
- I understand that I have from February 1st until March 31st every year to notify the Logos Academy Admissions Office of any changes in my plans of enrollment for my child(ren) for the next school year.
- If I breach this contract by disenrolling my child/ren outside of the “Opt-out” period (February 1st thru March 31st), I understand that I will be contractually obligated to pay 1 month of tuition as a penalty.
- Logos Academy recognizes that family plans change. Families disenrolling after the March 31st deadline will be exempt from the 1 month tuition penalty with notice for unique circumstances (such as the following) :
- Moving/Relocation 25+ miles away from Logos Academy.
- Educational needs for the student that can no longer be met at Logos Academy (as determined by the Logos Academy academic teams).
- Un-enrollment at the request of Logos Academy.
- Other circumstances as approved by the Leadership and Academic teams.
(TREE- this section is not clear to me)
As we transition to a continuous enrollment process, a one time enrollment fee equal to one month of your tuition will be charged to families. The fee will be calculated and divided into your next year’s payments. This amount acts as a “down payment” on your first month’s tuition payment for the following year. THIS IS A ONE TIME FEE for the 2021-22 school year. Moving forward, your April payment will be used for this purpose.
This fee will act as your down payment for the first month of 2021-22. After this year your April payment will be carried forward to act as your first month’s payment for the following year. Should you “Opt out” of your continuous enrollment contract after the March 31st deadline, you will forfeit this payment as penalty.
Once all of our families are on the “Continuous Enrollment Program,” the typical re-enrollment season (January through March) will simply be a communication reminder from the Admissions Office informing families that may be thinking about leaving our school to notify us prior to March 31st. If our past years are any indication, this means that 90+% of Logos Academy families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
Continuous Enrollment contracts will be emailed the first week of January. Contracts will need to be signed and returned to our office by March 31, 2021. Please return in an envelope addressed to the attention of the Admissions manager.
Your Continuous Enrollment contract can be found under “Web Forms” on your ParentWeb. The process is easy and will only take a few minutes of your time. You’ll have until March 31st to complete it.
Everything you need to know about tuition, payment plans, and grant & aid applications can be found here.
Contact Teresa “Tree” Rufo with any questions at email@example.com or 717-848-9835 ext 149.