The Logos Ledger helps parents and families stay connected with Logos Academy. Parent and Family Partnerships are an essential part of the vibrant learning community. Please be sure to read it to stay informed!
End of Year Testing for Grades K-5
Staff Day of Service – No School
End of Year Testing for Grades 6-11
Early Dismissal – 11:30am
Early Dismissal – 11:30am
April 13, 14 & 17
Easter Break – No School
Andrew Steed is serving for two weeks as an artist in residence at Logos Academy with support from the Cultural Alliance of York County. Andrew is a storyteller who served for years as an artist in residence for York area schools. He now lives in the UK and works around the world. A group of his students will present their stories in the Logos Academy auditorium on Friday, March 17 from 2:20-3:05 p.m. All are welcome to attend.
2017-2018 RE-ENROLLMENT NOW OPEN
- We will hold a spot for each current student in good standing until March 31st. A student in good standing qualifies for continued scholarship funding based on the parent partnership, academic progress, and conduct. We will give siblings of current families first consideration in classrooms where seats are available. After March 31st, any current student who is not re-enrolled will be in danger of losing their seat at Logos Academy. The re-enrollment fee for returning students will again be $11.00 through RenWeb. This year, we are offering an $11.00 credit on the first month’s tuition for each current student when online enrollment is completed on or before Friday, March 31, 2017.
Ice cream party re-enrollment incentive: all classes with a 100% parent response rate on RenWeb by our March 31st deadline will participate in an ice cream party.
- Questions? Contact Melissa Rebustillos
ABSENCES & TARDIES COUNT
- Absences and Tardies are recorded and monitored every day at Logos Academy. Please refer to our Student Handbook (found on our website) for our attendance policy.
- If your student has an attendance record that exceeds the maximum of absences allowed by our policy, you will be notified by a school administrator. If attendance does not improve, a meeting will be requested, and you may be referred for truancy by Logos Academy to York County Children, Youth and Families. If you have questions or concerns about your child’s attendance, please contact Liz Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RENWEB PARENT ALERT SYSTEM
We’re implementing our snow delay/early dismissal/cancellation and emergency alert system. These alerts will be received via text and begin with “Parent_Alert:’ Please follow the instructions below to ensure you receive our schedule changes and other urgent alerts.
- See instructions below if you did not receive a text
- All school delay/early dismissal/cancellation announcements and other emergency updates will be sent via Parent Alert
- To login: www.renweb.com
- Click the orange LOG IN button at the top right corner of the screen
- Click ParentsWeb Login
- Use District Code: LG-PA
- Enter your username and password
- Click Parent and Click Login
- Once logged into your account:
- Select Family Information (gray box) on the left side of your screen
- Select Family Demographic Form (under Online Filing Cabinet: web forms)
- Under Custodial Parents click each custodial parent: verify the information previously entered; adding any missing or outdated information. Be sure to review Home Phone, Cell Phone, and Email Address for each Custodial Parent.
It is imperative that you update in RenWeb your home phone, cell phone, and email address as they change. If you do not have a cell number, please check your local media for updates on delays, early dismissals, and cancellations of school.
Logos Academy will use Parent Alert to send text message alerts to ONLY cell numbers of each Custodial Parent listed. This alert system will be reserved for weather delays, early dismissals, and cancellations along with other urgent matters. It is imperative that you update in RenWeb your home phone, cell phone, and email address as they change. If you do not have a cell number, please check your local media for updates on delays, early dismissals, and cancellations of school.
2016-2017 SCHOOL CALENDAR CHANGES
We have updated our School Calendar and have made changes in our early dismissal dates.
- Please refer to the Parent Calendar on the Logos Academy Website.
- April 21st Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- April 28th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty In-Service (previously Full Day)
- May 5th Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- May 12th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty In-Service
- May 19th Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- May 26th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty Planning
- May 31st Regular Full Day of School (previously early dismissal)
- June 1st School is IN SESSION (Snow make up day from 3/14)
- June 2nd School is IN SESSION (Snow make up day from 3/15) 11:30AM Early Dismissal
CLOSING & DELAYS
- Closings or delays due to inclement weather or other emergencies will be listed/announced on our website, Facebook page, and the following media sources after 6:30 AM. WGAL no longer sends notifications to cell phones or emails. It is a good practice to check the local media every school day morning to ensure that school is in session. There can be delays and/or closings for many reasons other than weather.
YMCA Community Events
- Daddy Daughter Dance – April 8, 6:00-9:00pm
- Camp Spirit 2017 Information and Flyer – Summer Camp Program
COMMUNITY GAME NIGHT
Community Family Game Night will feature the opportunity for youth and families to engage in the play of Monopoly and Scrabble board games, to encourage quality family time, while fostering key life skills and educational components. Youth and families will have the opportunity to enjoy a free meal, as well as a free board game to take home. The event will be held on Friday, March 31, 2017, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at the Voni Grimes Gym, 125 E. College Avenue, York, PA. The event is free and open to the community.
CLASSES AT WEARY ARTS GROUP
Weary Arts Group is offering various classes on Wednesdays 12:00PM – 9:00PM at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center (50 North George Street). Students can register online or print this form and mail to Weary Arts Group 50 North George Street, York PA 17401. Online registration will require a signature on the first day of class by a parent or guardian. Please review the class descriptions in the brochure HERE.
Have anything to share? Contact us.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or anything to share, please contact:
Dawn Bodien, Academic Administrative Assistant at 717.848.9835.