The Logos Ledger helps parents and families stay connected with Logos Academy. Parent and Family Partnerships are an essential part of the vibrant learning community. Please be sure to read it to stay informed!
Early Dismissal – 11:30am
All School Chapel – 8:30am
Early Dismissal – 11:30am
Early Dismissal – 11:30am
Early Dismissal – 11:30am, Graduation – 6:30pm
School in Session (Snow Make-Up Day)
School in Session (Snow Make-Up Day), Early Dismissal – 11:30am
This week, April 25 – 28, Middle States representatives will be on site at Logos Academy. As we seek to be accredited, this team will be looking at every aspect of our school to see if we are who we say we are. As stated in our mission statement, Logos Academy is an urban, Kingdom school grounded in the love of Christ, that educates for excellence, offers opportunity, and cultivates hope in our community.
SAVE THE DATE – SCHOOL PICNIC: May 19
- Where: Cousler Park in Manchester Township
- When: May 19th (no rain date), 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Who: Logos Academy students and families
- What: All families attending are asked to bring a dish to share following the guidelines: If your youngest child’s last name begins with:
- A through J – side dish to share
- K through Q: dessert to share
- R through Z: Either a gallon of Lemonade or Iced Tea (Cups and ice will be provided)
- Families should also bring either a blanket or chairs for your family members as needed.
RESCHEDULED: 100 MEN READ
100 Men Read Event has been rescheduled for Monday, May 8th. This is an opportunity for the men of our community to read to Elementary and Middle School students in the Public, Charter or Private Schools in the City of York. During the day of the reading, each reader spends 25 minutes reading in 3 different classrooms. During the time in the classroom, readers will share age-appropriate books, their profession, and encourage the students to do well academically. CLICK HERE to register for this event.
TRAINING NEW CAR LINE CALLERS
- As we train new callers in our carline during coming months, please be sure to have your Logos student(s) sign displayed on the dashboard during pick-up so that we do not have to ask you for a photo id. If you need a new or extra sign, please call our school office to request one.
LOST AND FOUND
- Please stop by the school office before or after school to look through our lost and found to see if anything belongs to you or your student. All lost and found items will be donated if unclaimed by May 1st.
ABSENCES & TARDIES COUNT
- Absences and Tardies are recorded and monitored every day at Logos Academy. Please refer to our Student Handbook (found on our website) for our attendance policy.
- If your student has an attendance record that exceeds the maximum of absences allowed by our policy, you will be notified by a school administrator. If attendance does not improve, a meeting will be requested, and you may be referred for truancy by Logos Academy to York County Children, Youth and Families. If you have questions or concerns about your child’s attendance, please contact Liz Ross (firstname.lastname@example.org).
RENWEB PARENT ALERT SYSTEM
We’re implementing our snow delay/early dismissal/cancellation and emergency alert system. These alerts will be received via text and begin with “Parent_Alert:’ Please follow the instructions below to ensure you receive our schedule changes and other urgent alerts.
- See instructions below if you did not receive a text
- All school delay/early dismissal/cancellation announcements and other emergency updates will be sent via Parent Alert
- To login: www.renweb.com
- Click the orange LOG IN button at the top right corner of the screen
- Click ParentsWeb Login
- Use District Code: LG-PA
- Enter your username and password
- Click Parent and Click Login
- Once logged into your account:
- Select Family Information (gray box) on the left side of your screen
- Select Family Demographic Form (under Online Filing Cabinet: web forms)
- Under Custodial Parents click each custodial parent: verify the information previously entered; adding any missing or outdated information. Be sure to review Home Phone, Cell Phone, and Email Address for each Custodial Parent.
It is imperative that you update in RenWeb your home phone, cell phone, and email address as they change. If you do not have a cell number, please check your local media for updates on delays, early dismissals, and cancellations of school.
Logos Academy will use Parent Alert to send text message alerts to ONLY cell numbers of each Custodial Parent listed. This alert system will be reserved for weather delays, early dismissals, and cancellations along with other urgent matters. It is imperative that you update in RenWeb your home phone, cell phone, and email address as they change. If you do not have a cell number, please check your local media for updates on delays, early dismissals, and cancellations of school.
2016-2017 SCHOOL CALENDAR CHANGES
We have updated our School Calendar and have made changes in our early dismissal dates.
- Please refer to the Parent Calendar on the Logos Academy Website.
- April 21st Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- April 28th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty In-Service (previously Full Day)
- May 5th Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- May 12th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty In-Service
- May 19th Full Day (previously Early Dismissal)
- May 26th 11:30AM Early Dismissal – Faculty Planning
- May 31st Regular Full Day of School (previously early dismissal)
- June 1st School is IN SESSION (Snow make up day from 3/14)
- June 2nd School is IN SESSION (Snow make up day from 3/15) 11:30AM Early Dismissal
YMCA Community Events
- Camp Spirit 2017 Information and Flyer – Summer Camp Program
CLASSES AT WEARY ARTS GROUP
Weary Arts Group is offering various classes on Wednesdays 12:00PM – 9:00PM at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center (50 North George Street). Students can register online or print this form and mail to Weary Arts Group 50 North George Street, York PA 17401. Online registration will require a signature on the first day of class by a parent or guardian. Please review the class descriptions in the brochure HERE.
Have anything to share? Contact us.
Questions or Comments?
If you have any questions or anything to share, please contact:
Dawn Bodien, Academic Administrative Assistant at 717.848.9835